need help in tracing users location using php

doforumda

You can use PHP geoip if your server has it installed. Otherwise there's a lot of APIs you can take advantage of.

i want this for my website just to track the number of users by their location. so what will i do when i upload my website to a webserver. i mean i will intall geoip on my website server as well or i ll so something else.

Do you just want to track this for personal knowledge just because you're curious? If that's the case it would really be easier to use some type of web analytic, personally I use Google Analytics, they'll give you that information and everything else you can think of. If you want the data to display it or something and you're going to go through with geoip just check out the manual, there are very clear examples such as this one here: geoip_country_code_by_name(). It's pretty straightforward.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.