Shameless imitation

GingerRobot

So continuing with the trend of an update from my original post:

Hello, im ben, and im an alcoholic.

Oh wait, im not at my AA meeting am i? :P

Anyways, continuing after my rather poor joke, i'm 17, male and live in the UK. I got started with php about 2 years ago after seeing my dad struggle to use a pre build emailer for a website he was making. After finding out about that, i set about making a text based game, which worked well although i didn't have the time to make anything of it.

Currently, most of the php work i do is actually trying to sort out problems on these forums - i swear most of the php i've learnt has come from seeing questions posted and their answers. Im in the first year of 6th form and plan on going to uni after my a-levels to do a computer science degree(hopefully at oxford).

For some unknown reason, i quite like running - i run up to 10k(6.2 miles for you imperial folk). I also very much like my music - mostly indie/alternative although i do like a bit of everything really.

I guess quite a lot of that's changed. For starters, i've not done much running at all this year. Mostly because i've had problems with my knees but also because i've been being pretty lazy.

I'm now actually at University, studying Computer Science. Not at Oxford, but Bristol. I guess maybe it's a shame I didn't make it into Oxford, but hey, I really like it here. Plus, I've a feeling the course at Oxford was a bit too theoretical for my liking. I'm in my second year now and really liking it. In terms of languages, we tend to focus on C and Java. Though, as i understand it, my next lecture will be to introduce us to some horrible, esoteric language called Occam. It's supposed to help with parallel computation I believe. Fortunately I think we only use it once!

To be honest, I spend much less time with PHP then i used to. I still try and drop in here as and when. It's usually when I really should be working :s In fact, right now I'm supposed to be writing up some coursework for my algorithms unit. Whoops.

Outside of my uni work, I spend quite a lot of time with my girlfriend. We've been together for just under a year now and things are going great. Plus of course the general university cycle of: drinking, lecture, hangover, sleep. Unfortunately not always in that order though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.