Storing Value In Cookie

mjnmixael

Here is my code.

$sql="SELECT user_email FROM $tbl_name WHERE user_login='$myusername' and user_pass='$mypassword'";
$array=mysql_query($sql);
$ekeep=$array[user_email];
setcookie("useremail", $ekeep, time()+60*60*24*100, "/", '.timingishstudios.com');

I'm trying to select a specific cell in the table. I can't imagine what isn't working with this script. I don't think I'm grabbing the data correctly.

You need to actually get the record from the mysql resource with a function such as mysql_fetch_assoc. You also are using an undefined constant on this line:

$ekeep=$array[user_email];

An error might not be thrown depending on how high your error reporting is turned up, but it's still not good to do.

$sql="SELECT user_email FROM $tbl_name WHERE user_login='$myusername' and user_pass='$mypassword'";
$result=mysql_query($sql);
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
$ekeep=$row['user_email'];
setcookie("useremail", $ekeep, time()+60*60*24*100, "/", '.timingishstudios.com');

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.