Javascript Question - Look inside for more details

jefffan24

I wasn't quite sure what to put as a title but I need a script that can do this:

I have a question regarding JavaScript. I need a script that will act like a small airline computer system (really basic).

You are to write a program to assign seats on each flight of the airline’s only plane (capacity: 10 seats). Your program should display the following menu of alternatives: Please type 1 for "First Class" and Please type 2 for "Economy” If the person types 1, your program should assign a seat in the first-class section (seats 1–5). If the person types 2, your program should assign a seat in the economy section (seats 6–10). Your program should print a boarding pass indicating the person’s seat number and whether it is in the first-class or economy section of the plane.

Use a one-dimensional array to represent the seating chart of the plane. Initialize all the ele¬ments of the array to 0 to indicate that all the seats are empty. As each seat is assigned, set the cor¬responding elements of the array to 1 to indicate that the seat is no longer available.

Your program should, of course, never assign a seat that has already been assigned. When the first-class section is full, your program should ask the person if it is acceptable to be placed in the economy section (and vice versa). If yes, then make the appropriate seat assignment. If no, then print the message "Next flight leaves in 3 hours.”

I don't expect somebody to write this script for me, but I don't even know where to start :( Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't know JavaScript. I do know PHP and XHTML and CSS so no need to dumb it down just give it to me as it is.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.