Hi i need to know if my code is rite

<?php
$year = $date('Y');
$xmas = mktime(0, 0, 0, 12, 25, $year);
$newyear = mktime(0, 0, 0, 01, 01, $year);
$today = time();
if($xmas == $today) {
echo '<div class="hd5a">';
echo '<div style="display: -wap-marquee; -wap-marquee-loop: 100; font-size: 8pt; color:#666;">Bha Would Like To Wish all his supporters a Merry Christmas </div></div>';
}
else if($newyear == $today) {
echo '<div style="display: -wap-marquee; -wap-marquee-loop: 100; font-size: 8pt; color:#666;">Bha Would Like To Wish all his supporters a Happy New Year</div></div>';
}else {
echo '<div style="display: -wap-marquee; -wap-marquee-loop: 100; font-size: 8pt; color:#666;">TV guide Now Added and is updated every 2 min  also BhasIRC chat apps are now all updated hope you guys like it</div></div>';
}
?>

No ... it just gives me a blank screen were the msg should be and there is notting wrong with this part of the code becuase i have it working rite now

echo '<div style="display: -wap-marquee; -wap-marquee-loop: 100; font-size: 8pt; color:#666;">TV guide Now Added and is updated every 2 min  also BhasIRC chat apps are now all updated hope you guys like it</div></div>';

so i tought i some how got my code wrong thats why its not working the way it should and came here to ASK FOR HELP

Thanks in advance

Botman

Because these conditions:

if($xmas == $today)
if($newyear == $today)

Evaluate to true on one second only (at midinight of Dec 25th and Jan 1st respectively). If you want them to be true for the whole day, you have to compare month and day of month. Actually in case of New Year, just check if day of year == 1

ok so this is rite i am guessing

<?php
if(date('z') == '0') {
echo '<div style="display: -wap-marquee; -wap-marquee-loop: 100; font-size: 8pt; color:#666;">New Year is meant for celebrations and spending joyous time with loved ones.May the beauty of New Year be with you forever and your wishes of peace,health and happiness ring true.</div></div>';
} elseif (date('md') == '1225') {
echo '<div style="display: -wap-marquee; -wap-marquee-loop: 100; font-size: 8pt; color:#666;">May the spirit of Christmas bring u peace, The gladness of Christmas give u hope, AND The warmth of Christmas grant u love  Merry Christmas</div></div>';
}else {
echo '<div style="display: -wap-marquee; -wap-marquee-loop: 100; font-size: 8pt; color:#666;">TV guide Now updated, BhasIRC chat apps are now all updated hope you guys like it</div></div>';
}

?>

thanks for all your help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.