Modular programming

dpacmittal

I've been into PHP for quite some time now and what really stumps me is modular programming. I haven't found any good book, tut or article on how to make my script modular. By modular, I mean you can add individual modules like wordpress and get the functionality the module provides. I've tried searching for articles on hook system but google doesn't seem to provide any good results for that.

If you know of any good tut, article or book, please recommend.

I've been looking for one for a while. I couldn't find anything. Best thing to do is download some software you know has a module system and look at it, see how it works and such. It's really helped me get an idea of where to go with mine.

This post I found is pretty old (2002), but it kinda gives you an idea of how it works on a very simple level.

http://forums.devarticles.com/general-programming-help-4/oop-emergency-making-a-module-system-491.html

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.