Best opensorce php application for membership/donation site?

vickib

Is anyone able to suggest and advise upon best opensource php application for developing a bespoke eccomerce site using php?

I am hoping to design, host and manage this.

We have Linux hosting and have a VPS Plesk 8.6 control panel. Operating system is Ubuntu 8.04 and web server is Apache.

The requirement is to sell individual membership for a charity under 3 types:

MONTHLY/ANNUAL, ENDURING and LIFELONG

Online donations

Get E-newsletter

I have look into zencart which is great for selling physical products yet I think we need something more bespoke with automation? As it isn't selling physical products online it is selling membership which will require confirmation emails and valid dates like when you purchase insurance lets say on line, eg if someone buys membership for 1 month then we need to add a facility eg from what date to what date and possible reminders when membership expires.

Any help and advice from an expert in this field would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.