I can't seem to figure out these 404 errors on PHP pages on this server....???

I've installed PHP on Win2k3 a number of times and I've never had a problem.  This particular server is driving me nuts.  I cannot figure out why PHP won't work on this IIS install.  Here's what I've done.

1)  Download the ZIP package of PHP for manual installation

2)  Extract the files to C:\PHP

3)  Edit php.ini in the following ways...

- include_path = ".;c:\php\includes"

- doc_root = "W:\"

- extension_dir = "C:\PHP\ext"

-cgi.force_redirect = 0

4)  Added PHP to the Web Service Extensions in IIS and set it to the php5isapi.dll file.

5)  Added C:\PHP to the Path variable under the system's Enviornment Variables and I also added a new variable called PHPRC with C:\PHP\php.ini

6)  Reboot the server

This usually takes care of everything and I can move on to MySQL install and then start putting my apps up.  Not in this case.  I'm getting 404 error any time I try and browse a PHP file on this web server.  If I simply change that file to .txt instead of .php then it loads fine.  Switch it back to .php and I get a 404 again. 

I've followed all of the steps here to try and troubleshoot (http://www.verysimple.com/blog/2008/01/05/php-on-windows-2003-iis-6-displays-404-page-not-found/)  and nothing is working.

I also tried running the file (which has nothing but echo 'test'; in it right now) from a command line and that is working just fine, so PHP itself is indeed functioning on the server.  It's just that it's not communicating with IIS for some reason.

I double checked that I added my Web Service Extension and it's in there as PHP with php5isapi.dll and it's set to Allowed.  I've also compared this to my own working test server here and the only difference I can see is that they have MS SharePoint and FrontPage extensions installed and I've never had that in the mix.  It's created an additional web site and an additional application pool apart from the defaults.  I have no idea if that's causing any of my problems but it's the only thing different I see from all of the servers I've done this on in the past. 

Any information on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.