Send Email based on drop down selection

TwiztedCupid

Hi. I want to send an email to a specific person based on the selection made in a drop down list. I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 and Adobe Developer Toolbox for the existing code. Here is some of my code.

This first part is where it sends the mail. I need to use the variable in the "setTo" line. I know if I use {Services} it will send it to the values selected in drop down. i.e. Tree@yahoo-inc.com; Service@yahoo-inc.com.

function Trigger_SendEmail(&$tNG) {
  $emailObj = new tNG_Email($tNG);
  $emailObj->setFrom("webmaster@somewhere.com");
  $emailObj->setTo("VARIABLE HAS TO GO HERE");
  $emailObj->setCC("me@you.com");
  $emailObj->setBCC("");

Here is the code for the select:

<select name="Services" id="Services">
            <option value=""  <?php if (!(strcmp("", KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsestimate['Services'])))) {echo "selected=\"selected\"";} ?>>Select a service...</option>
            <option value="Landscape Maintenance" <?php if (!(strcmp("Landscape Maintenance", KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsestimate['Services'])))) {echo "selected=\"selected\"";} ?>>Landscape Maintenance</option>
            <option value="Landscape Design" <?php if (!(strcmp("Landscape Design", KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsestimate['Services'])))) {echo "selected=\"selected\"";} ?>>Landscape Design</option>
            <option value="Planting Renovation" <?php if (!(strcmp("Planting Renovation", KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsestimate['Services'])))) {echo "selected=\"selected\"";} ?>>Planting Renovation</option>
            <option value="Tree Service" <?php if (!(strcmp("Tree Service", KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsestimate['Services'])))) {echo "selected=\"selected\"";} ?>>Tree Service</option>
              <option value="Snowplowing" <?php if (!(strcmp("Snowplowing", KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsestimate['Services'])))) {echo "selected=\"selected\"";} ?>>Snowplowing</option>
<option value="Other" <?php if (!(strcmp("Other", KT_escapeAttribute($row_rsestimate['Services'])))) {echo "selected=\"selected\"";} ?>>Other</option>
            </select>

Is there a way if the user selects "Landscape Maintenance" or "Landscape Design" the email will go to "user1@somewhere.com". If they select "Tree Service" it will go to "user2@somewhere.com"? Something like:

If Services = "Landscape Design" Or "Landscape Maintenance" Then
         $toEmail = "user1@somewhere.com"
   Else
   If Services = "Tree Service" Then
        $toEmail = "user2@somewhere.com"......and so on.

Then place $toEmail into "$emailObj->setTo("$toEmail");"?

You could do something like this..

$emails_array = array(
'Landscape Maintenance'=>'email1@email.com',
'Landscape Design'=>'email2@email.com',
'Planting Renovation'=>'email3@email.com',
'Tree Service'=>'email4@email.com',
'Snowplowing'=>'email5@email.com',
'Other'=>'email6@email.com');

function Trigger_SendEmail(&$tNG) {
  global $emails_array;
  $emailObj = new tNG_Email($tNG);
  $emailObj->setFrom("webmaster@somewhere.com");
  $emailObj->setTo($emails_array[$_POST['Services']]);
  $emailObj->setCC("me@you.com");
  $emailObj->setBCC("");
}

Not 100% certain but it should work :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.