AJAX Problem - Checkboxes

RaikoX92

Hi all,

I'm currently occupied with a PHP-JScript problem.

The point is that on the main PHP Page, checkboxes should be checked if they are checked or not.

These checkboxes are created according to the value a person chooses within a dropdown menu.

THe javascript behind the onChange arranges a mysql_query that seeks for any data, then displays the results in checkboxes, and puts it back on the main page. Now I have a submit button which should check if those created boxes are checked. I don't know how, can anyone help? The Jscript code is not important, it works (except in IE, but not gonna fix that yet).

Regards,

Pim

p.s. Here's the link to the website: http://www.raikox.com/informatica/gw_armybuilder.php

[attachment deleted by admin]

• 2 weeks later...

Your IE problem is due to using GET for your ajax requests.  IE will cache them.  If you add a dummy variable to the end (javascript time works) it will fix that :)

As for your checkboxes, I'm not 100% sure what your'e trying to do.  Your checkboxes get passed to the server as an array $_POST['Extras'][0]="item1" etc

Make sure that you take a look at that logic, and check your checkboxes in php.  Then display them via your ajax call, and all should be dandy.

Good luck ;)

Also, use jQuery - it's way easier!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.