How Do I Move a Page down automatically

tecmeister

Hi guys,

The title of my question problem seems a bit confusing, so I'll try and explain it to the best of my ability.

I'm trying to make my web site move down to the news that they have selected on in the home page.  Rather than always start at the top and have to move down there self.

How do I do so?

Thanks,

tecmeister.

make the link they click on the homepage an id link.. well thats what I call it idk what the real world calls it:

for example:

<a href="news.php#theNewsElementId">The News Element Name</a>

then when they go to that page thru that link.. the page will drag the browser's client area down to where it is visible within the client area.. it will drag to the element with similar html to this:

<h1 id="theNewsElementId">The News Element Name</h1>

RussellReal is right

it goes to the target id if the person clicks on it but if you open the news.php page first it will not work

for this you will have to automatically redirect your user to the target heading or link.

use this

<?php
echo"<meta http-equiv='REFRESH' content='0;url=news.php#theNewsElementId'>";
?>

page content

<h1 id="theNewsElementId">The News Element Name</h1>

news started here

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.