php4flicks

seyruss

I see a large learning curve ahead of me. I down loaded php4flicks, created a database and tables in mysql. I am now completely lost as to how this program is supposed to work. Reading the installation guide did not help as I have no PHP knowledge. So, where is the best place to get programming knowledge? Must I learn HTML first? Is there a book that give the whole thing? Lastly, in the mean time, how does php4flicks get started?

In the archive there is a folder config and in that folder there is a config.php that needs to be edited with your database details.... also there is a docs folder that contains a db_defs.sql file that needs to be imported to your database. And wouldnt you also know the the DOCS folder there is a file called README and if you open up that file with your favorite text editor it explains how to use this system... for future knowledge take a better look.

I may have not been clear on my original post. I had looked at all the information dominicd posted. I would not have posted a help if not. It appears from the research prior to his post, that I must have Apache running as a web server to have PHP to work. I was under the assumption that php4flicks was a local (my pc) program for my movie collection. Had no idea it was for a web server. That is why I was lost as to what to do AFTER loading the tables in mysql and changing the config file. I have not worked with web servers even though Apache is loaded on my pc.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.