Only listing a certain number?...

EsOne

Hello everyone. I have a script I use to log IPs of who comes onto my pages.

I actually have two questions on this.

I use the following script to pull the info from my database and echo the results onto the page;

mysql_query("INSERT INTO glowcount (ip) VALUES('".$count."' ) ") or die(mysql_error());
$thecount=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM glowcount ORDER BY count DESC");
$showthecount=mysql_fetch_assoc($thecount);
    echo $showthecount['count'];

Now, it works just fine, BUT it lists all the IPs, and the list is getting rather long.

Is there a way to show only a certain number of IPs? Like, limit it to the last 50 people that visited?

Also, to the second part. Like on Wordpresses IP tracker, I want it to show which page they were referred from. I do not know if this is possible with my current script to do, but if it is, I would like to know what to do to do it.

Here is my current script for GETTING IPs

$IP =$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; //Or whatever refined IP
$Requests =mysql_real_escape_string(print_r($_REQUEST,true)); //Grab server request vars
$Date =date('D M dS Y h:i a'); //The date, you can use other info..
$agent = getenv("HTTP_USER_AGENT"); //Or whatever refined IP

Now, this part of the script was not written for me, and I was helped on this a while back here on the forums. I am pulling Requests. Now when the person showed me this script, he did not tell me exactly what data the "Requests" holds. This may be the referrer, I don't know. That is why I am asking.

1.) You can use MySQL's LIMIT clause to specify a certain number of rows returned. Example

$query = "SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 50 ORDER BY id DESC";//get last 50 entries in database

2.) In addition to the IP address of the user, the $_SERVER super global has the referrer also (although beware, because this can be spoofed, and is sometimes not sent

$referrer = $_SEVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

1.) You can use MySQL's LIMIT clause to specify a certain number of rows returned. Example

$query = "SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 50 ORDER BY id DESC";//get last 50 entries in database

2.) In addition to the IP address of the user, the $_SERVER super global has the referrer also (although beware, because this can be spoofed, and is sometimes not sent

$referrer = $_SEVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

I added the LIMIT section to it to make it

$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ip_table LIMIT 50 ORDER BY id DESC");

But it returns:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/e/s/o/esone/html/test/jsontest.php on line 30

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.