SQL Statement Help...

whit3fir3

I have a select statement that I am working on and can not figure out to get it to perform the look up that I want.  I have 2 tables that I am doing a JOIN on.  One table is a list of items and the other table is a list of images that relates to the item.  Each item can have many images so the table relationship is more or less a ONE to MANY relationship.  I am finding that items are getting added with out images and I am trying to find a way to search the database for ITEMs that do not have images.  My question is, is there a INVERSE or NOT function in MySQL that would return the any records that do not have images when I perform the JOIN?

Thanks,

Whit3fir3

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.