PHP FTP Can't upload Big FIles

optikalefx

Anyone had any success using FTP to upload a file say 90m?

im using ftp_put and it returns false.  BUT the file DOES upload just fine.  I even downloaded and tested it, its the full file.  But ftp_put still returns false.  Now with a 20m file it returns true.

I have all my php.ini vars for time and size set up really really high, and same problem.  I still feel like its a timeout problem but it shouldn't be anymore...

i have these set

default_socket_timeout = 1000

upload_max_filesize = 1024M

post_max_size = 1024M

max_execution_time = 1000

max_input_time = 1000

memory_limit = 1024M

The file is 91m and takes about 6 minutes.

I'm using ajax to do the ftp, and im using another ajax function to check the size against the ftp size, after it reaches 100% it takes about 1 minute to return false from the ajax call.  Thats why it feels like it's timing out.  I don't know.

Thanks

Anyone had any success using FTP to upload a file say 90m?

im using ftp_put and it returns false.  BUT the file DOES upload just fine.  I even downloaded and tested it, its the full file.  But ftp_put still returns false.  Now with a 20m file it returns true.

I have all my php.ini vars for time and size set up really really high, and same problem.  I still feel like its a timeout problem but it shouldn't be anymore...

i have these set

default_socket_timeout = 1000

upload_max_filesize = 1024M

post_max_size = 1024M

max_execution_time = 1000

max_input_time = 1000

memory_limit = 1024M

The file is 91m and takes about 6 minutes.

I'm using ajax to do the ftp, and im using another ajax function to check the size against the ftp size, after it reaches 100% it takes about 1 minute to return false from the ajax call.  Thats why it feels like it's timing out.  I don't know.

Thanks

as ur saying i dont think the time out is a problem..

use this line when u are uploading

i mean in the form..

<td><input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="100000000" /></td><tr></tr>

There is no problem with the form processing.  I have that value increased in the php.ini file.  It has something to do with the size of the file in ftp_put

Try using ftp_put with a 90m file and see what it returns.

Any one can offer some help on this?  I even tried curl and it still has the same problem.  The upload is successful but the ftp_put returns false.

when i use curl the upload is successful but curl_errno($ch); returns an error.

I have all the my php.ini settings up high,  i can't figure out what to do.  Is there another way to get large files onto an FTP server on the web?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.