Server-side push technology

Derleek

hey there freaks!

I have taken on a project in which my client wants his user's browsers to update every time he uploads a new video to hi blog.  it is imperative that this happens in as close to real time as possible.

I started looking into various technologies that allow for this functionality. 

Here's a couple that I found:

Ajax Push Engine (APE) : This is our most-likely candidate.  I am proficient with javascript, so this naturally appeals.  Also, it is free and looks to get the job done.

Erlang:  I believe this is an option, although my (senior) partner expressed doubts that it is a bit outdated.  I personally think it looks like a viable option.

SteamHub:  This came highly recommended on Stack Overflow and appears to be viable as well.  Although it is a paid service.

Just looking for some input/tips/whatever from some people who are more experienced in this kind of matter.

As of right now we have the APE server installed on our ec2 instance.  I will post my findings!

thanks for any input!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.