Building A Control Panel

jj20051

Hello,

I've decided I'm going to build my own control panel, however I need some help getting started. I'm unsure how to make the server give/receive the correct files from each domain. As some of you may know a control panel puts each users files into a folder like this:

/users/yourdomain.com/public_html

I'm just unsure how to have the server point to those files like this:

User requests yoursite.com -> server points them to: /users/yoursite.com/public_html/index.html

Any ideas?

you mean subdomains?

like site1.mysite.com?

I've never seen site1/mysite.com

If that is the case, you need to look into htaccess 301 redirects for certain users to redirect to certain sub domains.  However as the server admin you need to make those subdomains point to the right places in apache.

This sounds more like an apache redirect/alias system, than a php issue.

Although you can do something like this with php, but apache must be configured for PATH_INFO.

Apache Alias look at AliasMatch config setting, which will give you general info on how to use it (although you will need some knowledge of regex) but it should be complicated to add

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.