Script fails to authenticate

a01020304

I was looking at creating an exployee only section of a website. As I cannot look at demos of current sites I am limited to searching for scripts online and eveluating them itsself.

I found a script and installed it

Here is the link: http://gmdesign.org.uk/aa/employee/

The script seems to install but will not allow me to log in using the password/login so am a bit baffled.

The passwords are:  manager  or non-manager

The login is:  manager  or    non-manager

I contacted the person who made the script and all he said was "its up to you to figure it out as I give no support"

so this is why i am asking some of you, maybe you can solve what is wrong with the script

My server has all the latest add ons (I use hostgator.com)

I have attached all the files I was supplied with

[attachment deleted by admin]

The code is also using $HTTP_*_VARS.

The code is at lest 7 years out of date and should have been updated or removed from distribution long ago. It will take several man-hours by an experienced php programmer to get the script to work.

If you don't understand the replies in this thread, you won't be able to correct the code yourself to get it to work on current configurations of php.

I recommend finding another script. Here is a more up to date script (but you should convert the short open tags to full open tags) - http://www.evolt.org/PHP-Login-System-with-Admin-Features

Edit: when you are evaluating such scripts, please do it on a system with error_reporting set to E_ALL and display_errors set to ON in your php.ini (confirm that these settings actually get changed using a phpinfo() statement) so that php will point out problems it finds as the script is parsed and executed. A long list of php errors will be an indicator that the script is out of date and needs a lot of work to make it functional.

All I am really looking for is a script you can log into that will have a section for submitting your weekly hours you worked and also be able to download the current/next weeks work rota

I searched and cannot find a script that will so it, all I was suggested was the script above.

If the script I listed is not suitable, does anyone know of a script that can do as I want as written above.

Thanks

ps,

I do not write php, it is too confusing. I have just mastered javascript and that took nearly 5 years,.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.