image gallery and dreamweaver

saunders1989

Hi,

i am a 3rd year student at university and i am doing my final year project based upon an image gallery. i am very new to PHP and dont even know where to start or even what to do. in the 3 years at university we havent learnt that and as the person i am doing this website for wants to publish it i would have to use open source.

first of all to set the scene i have a mac doc style nav bar at the bottom of my page which when you click on an image (image of a folder) it directs you to another page which shows images for that section in the style of facebook with like 4 rows and 4 colums of images(obviously all those images are in seperate folders for each section)

i dont know how to even start to create a image gallery. but would need a few functions connected with the gallery. when the user clicks the log in button he can log in and upload images to the website. and the other function is when you click on one of the images the lightbox function would appear.

could anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this please.

i am sure you have to do some sort of ftp settings in dreamweaver

just some information on setting that up in dreamweaver would be great aswell.

sorry for soo many questions but i am truly very new and have been struggling to understand how to start this

Thanks

Alex

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.