Using PHP to Geo-Target EPN or Ebay Affiliate Links

the-sexy-slug

Hello

I am in need of a little help.

I have found a tutorial on geo-targeting here >>

http://www.thewebsiteprofessionals.com/geo-targeting.html

I am completely stumped on how to geo-target the ebay affiliate rover links that the Epn Editor Kit Produces. I know that I have to change the rover link number to coraspond with the ebay link numbers for that country if you follow me. I will list the numbers bellow.

eBay Program / Placement ID

eBay US / 711-53200-19255-0

eBay AU / 705-53470-19255-0

eBay BE / 1553-53471-19255-0

eBay CA / 706-53473-19255-0

eBay ES / 1185-53479-19255-0

eBay FR / 709-53476-19255-0

eBay IT / 724-53478-19255-0

eBay UK / 710-53481-19255-0

eBay IE / 5282-53468-19255-0

eBay NL / 1346-53482-19255-0

eBay DE / 707-53477-19255-0

eBay AT / 5221-53469-19255-0

eBay CH / 5222-53480-19255-0

Use one of those numbers above in the rover link.  Example the usual rover links look like this rover.ebay.com/rover/1/xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/ the "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" then is replaced with one of the country numbers above. So if a visitor from Canada visited my UK based website I would like the UK ebay ads to show as Canada Ebay ads and have the Canada country code in the rover link. Example rover.ebay.com/rover/1/xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/ would be rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-53473-19255-0/ for the ebay.ca site and not the ebay.co.uk

My question is how can showing products from the visitors country and ebay site be done using the above Geo Targeting tutorial and using the EPN Editor kit on a PHP website.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks all on advance for your time and help.

$rovers = array(

'uk' => '7826-238971-1237861',

'us' => '87562-2367-6723'

);

and then just o

$code = ((!($code = $rovers[$geocode]))? $rovers['uk']);

^^ that will select it from the list if it exists.. if it doesn't exist it defaults to the uk code

Thank you for your help. I am still a little confussed as I am not a accomplished PHP Coder I am a starter at this so if it can be explained a little simpler then I would be most greatfull.

Will this automatically replace the Country code numbers in the premade rover links that the Editor kit created in the ebay editor toolkik from there affiliate site?

Would I need to make a new php file and use a code snippet to call the functions in that file?

Sorry for these questions like I said a am new to this and it is a little confussing for me.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

$rovers = array(

'uk' => '7826-238971-1237861',

'us' => '87562-2367-6723'

);

and then just o

$code = ((!($code = $rovers[$geocode]))? $rovers['uk']);

^^ that will select it from the list if it exists.. if it doesn't exist it defaults to the uk code

Could someone please explain where the above code would be place on the site please. I am new to this.

Thanks

This post is getting a litle embarasing for me as I am after a way to geotarget the Javascript that the EPN or ebay affiliate editor kit produces.

1) I think I have posted in the wrong section of the forum.

2) My knowledge is extremely limited.

If a admin can move this post to get a better answer then thanks.

I suspect this will go into header section/at the beginning of the page since these are variables you're passing to your ad display script. the geo-ip will output two letter country code which then you can match to show ads from the relative country of the visitor.

I suspect this will go into header section/at the beginning of the page since these are variables you're passing to your ad display script. the geo-ip will output two letter country code which then you can match to show ads from the relative country of the visitor.

Thank you. After reading your explanation and looking at the code posted it sort of make sense to me now.

Again thank you for you help :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.