Assistance with PHP/MySQL/Web Application

randy83q

Hello everyone.

I am in a crash course in PHP putting together an application to be used by a large web community I founded. A simple app that will create and maintain what is know as "Poker Runs". Simply a database to keep track of users and events as well as the outcome of those events. I have nearly all the eliments working but I am having some trouble getting them communicating and mainly need a bit of assistance with that. MySQL. I just do not know enough about it to decide how to structure the database.

I felt that doing such a project is a great way to learn some about PHP. Due to my noobness, even though I have programmed for many years, I having some troubles with design. Mainly I can not decide the best structure to store data from the application and getting parts of the program communicating via the database. I would like to have this application running by the weekend as there is a large worldwide event that could use it and it would be a great test for it. I am seeking someone who understands PHP/MySQL well that can devote an hour to help me make the connections/decisions I need. I'm buying lunch. It is for a great cause. I would appreciate anyone who would look over the code and chat with me via phone/IM and guide me, give some pointers etc. into finishing this application. It is nearly completed and I simple need to tie it all together via sql. I have it mostly working and it would be onderful to have it used during the event.

Anyone use Google Talk, xFire, or Teamspeak that would be willing to meet for a quick peek? I will create an account for you on the server directory to look it over. It is PHP 5/SQL 5.1.30

Thank you so much. Please feel free to contact via email/pm

Randy near Seattle

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.