Baffled by Undefined Index in Simple Array: Please Help!

somedude084

Hello. I have a form which posts an array to this script. However, I can't seem to access the values in the array; I keep getting an undefined index. Something is not right, but the code is so simple! What am I missing?

print_r($_POST['Item'][0]);

// Output is: Array ( ['Quantity'] => 1 ['Item_id'] => 5 )

echo $_POST['Item'][0]['Quantity'];

// Output is: Notice: Undefined index: Quantity in /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Sites/.../hal/item/reconcile.php on line 30

:wtf:

Thanks for the response, but not sure that I follow. Perhaps my syntax is wrong, but there has to be some way to access values from an array containing an array. As shown by the code example, this is a multi-dimensional array, so $_POST['Item'][0] (the "top-level" array's item) itself contains an array with key-value pairs (as shown by the first line of output): what I am trying to do is access the value related to the 'Quantity' key in that "sub-array."

You seem to imply that multi-dimensional arrays are not possible? This is not per my understanding. Can anyone help? Much appreciated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.