need good snippet manager

autofocus

how you manage your code snippets

Simple. I don't. As a programmer you always learn new things and you actually have no use in snippets as by the time you come across the same problem you will be able to write a more efficient solution. Plus having a good memory helps aswell. I for example can look at someone's code see how he did things and apply it a few years later.

Yeah I rarely find I ever will reuse a piece of code unless it is a very broad piece of code like a function that will connect to a database, select the database and return false if anything fails. If I end up looking at code I did a while ago, like ignace said, you will probably have learnt a better way of doing it so you re-write the code again... only... better.

Since I have a really bad memory, I put the php manual on my quick launch tool bar.

Since I have a really bad memory, I put the php manual on my quick launch tool bar.

Actually there is a much faster way atleast if you are using Firefox just type in your url address bar:

php function_name

This will point you immediatly to the correct page (well atleast most of the times as this is the same as choosing "I'm feeling lucky" in Google). Another possibility is downloading the PHP manual add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/8984).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.