Offloading Photos/Videos to other sites

Starcraftmazter

Hello there

I am making a website for a client who wishes to offload media storage to other services, and I was hoping I could get a bit of advice in regards to this.

1. Images

In terms of websites such as Photobucket, Flikr, etc – which would be a good option, so far as not having limits on the number of images you can host, and having a good, straight-forward PHP API?

2. Videos

Youtube seems the only option here. I've been reading up on the Youtube Direct API, and I'm wondering if anyone knows any places which summarise it or explain it clearer, as their documentation appears to be all over the place.

The requirement is pretty simple, just allow a user to upload a video and store it's identifier in the database for embedding.

Cheers

PS. I hope this is the right section.

Flickr is definitely the best in terms of size allowance, resolution, number of photos, and number of views.  There appear to be 2 api's http://www.flickr.com/services/api/

As for Video you'll find Youtube adds compression to your videos and limits video length to around 10 minutes.  If you just need storage or cheap ways to send videos to and from clients, use a service like yousendit dot com.  If you actually need playback as well and youtube doesn't fit your needs, keep searching. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.