violation of FOREIGN KEY constraint

aebstract

violation of FOREIGN KEY constraint "INTEG_618" on table "SOITEM"

Foreign key reference target does not exist

INSERT INTO SOITEM (SOITEM.ID, SOITEM.PRODUCTID, SOITEM.SOID, SOITEM.TYPEID, SOITEM.STATUSID, SOITEM.UOMID, SOITEM.SOLINEITEM, SOITEM.DESCRIPTION, SOITEM.PRODUCTNUM, SOITEM.CUSTOMERPARTNUM, SOITEM.TAXABLEFLAG, SOITEM.QTYTOFULFILL, SOITEM.QTYFULFILLED, SOITEM.QTYPICKED, SOITEM.DATELASTFULFILLMENT, SOITEM.DATESCHEDULEDFULFILLMENT, SOITEM.REVLEVEL, SOITEM.REPAIRFLAG, SOITEM.TBDPRICEFLAG, SOITEM.EXCHANGESOLINEITEM, SOITEM.QBCLASSID, SOITEM.NOTE, SOITEM.SHOWITEMFLAG, SOITEM.ITEMADJUSTID, SOITEM.UNITPRICE, SOITEM.TOTALPRICE, SOITEM.ADJUSTAMOUNT, SOITEM.TOTALCOST) 
SELECT '1459', '991', SOITEM.SOID, '20', SOITEM.STATUSID, SOITEM.UOMID, '3', 'Restocking Fee', 'Restocking Fee', SOITEM.CUSTOMERPARTNUM, SOITEM.TAXABLEFLAG, SOITEM.QTYTOFULFILL, SOITEM.QTYFULFILLED, SOITEM.QTYPICKED, SOITEM.DATELASTFULFILLMENT, SOITEM.DATESCHEDULEDFULFILLMENT, SOITEM.REVLEVEL, SOITEM.REPAIRFLAG, SOITEM.TBDPRICEFLAG, SOITEM.EXCHANGESOLINEITEM, SOITEM.QBCLASSID, SOITEM.NOTE, SOITEM.SHOWITEMFLAG, SOITEM.ITEMADJUSTID, '29.74', '29.74', SOITEM.ADJUSTAMOUNT, SOITEM.TOTALCOST
FROM SOITEM
WHERE SOITEM.ID = '116'

Excuse it for being so long and seeming to be a mess, it's only going to be manually ran once and never again. What could be causing this error?

There's a foreign key restraint defined on this table, which means a record in this table cannot exist without a record it references to in some other table. Use SHOW CREATE TABLE SOITEM to check what constraints are defined in this table.

Oh man that's gonna really suck. I'm having to add a line to an order for something and I'm gonna have to track all the foreign keys down to the roots and all in sql. The database tool has a tab showing foreign keys, so I can just go by that but this should take a little while. :( There's 7 of them for this table, and I bet there's more on the others.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.