html auto reply email

gmsstow

hello all, I am new here and was hoping for a little help with a script I am utilizing.  I am using the latest version of wordpress (self hosted).  These questions pertain to the Secure Form Mailer Plugin for Wordpress from Dagon Design which can be found at http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/secure-form-mailer-plugin-for-wordpress/ .

Questions:

1) This plugin already has an easy to use auto reply email feature, however, the auto reply emails will only send in text.  I would greatly appreciate some advice in modifying the script so the auto reply emails can send html.

2) This plugin utilizes a "max" parameter which allows me to set a limit on the number of characters a user enters in an input field.  This feature is used for validation, in other words, it wont limit the amount of characters able to be input in a field, it will just not validate and return an error should the user enter too many characters in a particular field.  The "max" parameter works great but how can I add in a "minimum" parameter so the amount of characters entered must be within a certain range, such as 10 digits only for a phone number?

3) Is there a method in which I can have certain input fields only accept numbers and no other characters?

4) Does anyone know of a phone number verification method for forms?  This would most likely be checked by area code.

thanks again and like i said, i am new here so i hope i have abided by the forum guidelines correctly as i like this site and will  most likely be spending a lot of time here.

well i successfully modified the auto reply feature to send html emails if anyone has any interest, i also added an option in the wordpress admin to save the hostname/ip to a file on server.

Really what i still need is a way to verify an input field for phone numbers though if anybody has any ideas.

just wanted to give an update, thanks very much.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.