[Resolved] Displaying Affiliate Information

AliceAmphetamine

I am working on writing a Affiliate system to keep track of both how many clicks an affiliate on my site gets, and how many visits I get from an affiliate. Thing is I am having trouble with one thing.  Upon them submitting their information to the mysql database, I want to echo the uses id in a url that they will need to use when placing my link on their page.

So user submits info. User gets issued id number 336 I want the message that tells them the information was submitted correct that hey here is the link i need you to use http://www.mysite.com/affiliates/click.php?mode=in&id=336 But I am having a problem just brainstorming how I can retrieve the id right off the bat as the information is just being submitted.

Is this even possible to do? If so rather than giving me the source code for it, Could you please provide any links that would help or an explanation so I can get a starting point.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.