problem with validating

hno

HI

i wanted to validate my web site but it shows me this error

"Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 363 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8 (in other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding indication.

The error was: utf8 "\xD8" does not map to Unicode"

I'm using UTF-8 unicode and I don't know what is the problem

How can I find out ?

this is the address of my web site but it isn't in english www  bazare-iran  com

thanks

Make sure the document itself is saved in UTF-8 encoding. Are you perchance using Dreamweaver?

Thanks for your reply

I have used UTF-8 for all of my web pages . I think there is a corrector that utf-8 couldn't reorganize it but i couldn't find out

thanks

I don't mean using tags that say UTF-8, I mean the actual encoding that the document is saved in.

Again, are you using Dreamweaver? If not, what software are you using?

HI

i'm using Dreamweaver and i have chosen UTF-8 encoding .

I didn't understand this "  the actual encoding that the document is saved in."

what do you mean by that ?How can I do so ?

thanks

I thought maybe this was the case.

Open your document, and look at the bottom right side of the document window. It should say UTF-8 there. If it doesn't, your document has been saved in a different encoding. In that case, go to Modify -> Page properties -> Title/Encoding and choose UTF-8 from the drop down list.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.