Change one image by clicking another

nd3_2000

hi guys, I have looked over Google for this and cant seem to find what I need atall!

Basically I have a webpage with small thumbs at the bottom and a main image at the top, I would like to change the main image on the page when I click on any of the thumbnails.........

Does anybody have a function they can provide me with or giudance for this as I thought this wqould be easy to find but its not apparantly

Cheers

Neil

if you want to fire the event  on your thumbs set this attribute, to each one :

<image src=".." onclick="changeMainImage('put here the path of you main image');" >

then you can put this function on a script tag:

<script type="text/javascript">
    function changeMainImage(url)
    {
          /*now here you have to get the element of you main top image, supposing that you are usins as an id "myMainImage" ok!
           */
          var mainImage = document.getElementById('myMainImage');
          // here we are setting to the maing image the path you receive as a param
           mainImage.src = url;
    }
</script>

and i think that's all :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.