having trouble editing my website, please help :)

justinchrono

Hello,

My company wants me to redesign parts of their website. I was not the original creator however and am having trouble figuring out how it works. The site is set up a lot in php, and I'm not sure how to edit things correctly and where all the information even is. I was wondering if anyone could please help me and walk me through this a bit, and let me know if you need any more information.

What I am trying to do is, trying to change the thumbnails on this page

http://panopt.com/images-new.php?a=47&all

So that they are very very small, and in one side of the page (either under the menu to the left which is what I want the most...or on the very right side, or even under the full large image that would be in the middle of the site) and so you can click them and it will change the picture without reloading the page.

Thanks for any help!

Hello,

My company wants me to redesign parts of their website. I was not the original creator however and am having trouble figuring out how it works. The site is set up a lot in php, and I'm not sure how to edit things correctly and where all the information even is. I was wondering if anyone could please help me and walk me through this a bit, and let me know if you need any more information.

What I am trying to do is, trying to change the thumbnails on this page

http://panopt.com/images-new.php?a=47&all

So that they are very very small, and in one side of the page (either under the menu to the left which is what I want the most...or on the very right side, or even under the full large image that would be in the middle of the site) and so you can click them and it will change the picture without reloading the page.

Thanks for any help!

What is your background in web design? What languages are you familiar with? If the answer is none I would recommend doing some tutorials or telling your company that they need to hire a web designer to do what they want.

Sounds like you oversold yourself.

Anyways, we can't help you without seeing the code. But basically you are going to have to dig through your php to figure out where they thumbnails are being resized upon upload, and change the dimensions they are being sized to. Then you are going to have to run all your current thumbnails through a resizing script to get them to the size you want. Finally, you will have to re-design the layout of your site so that they are in the position you want.

Not really an intermediate problem, since it's essentially a rebuilding of the engine behind the site, and a restructuring of the layout of the site.

Sounds like you oversold yourself.

Anyways, we can't help you without seeing the code. But basically you are going to have to dig through your php to figure out where they thumbnails are being resized upon upload, and change the dimensions they are being sized to. Then you are going to have to run all your current thumbnails through a resizing script to get them to the size you want. Finally, you will have to re-design the layout of your site so that they are in the position you want.

Not really an intermediate problem, since it's essentially a rebuilding of the engine behind the site, and a restructuring of the layout of the site.

This and you are going to have a problem if you want anyone on this site to redesign the site for you... You are the one getting paid for it. Forums like this are here to help you with your problems not to do all the work for you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.