structure

dose

What would be the best way anyone can think of for me to store the following info.

Game

achievments

earned

users

I have no idea how i should store all this info.. Im doing more than just 1 game could be hundreds same with the achievments and users..

ive thought about 1 table per user till i found out its bad.. then i was thinking of 1 table per game then a row for each achievment.. but i dunno where to go from there how i would add the rest of the info or to where and then link it all together..

First thing you have to know is what are the relations to each other?

Example... a game can have zero to many different achievements or a user can only have one game... etc once you clarify that it is much easier to specify a data structure.

game (id, name)

achievement (id, game_id, title, description, image_uri)

user (id, username, password)

achievement_collection (user_id, game_id, achievement_id, data)

Don't worry about the logic behind achieving an achievement as the game is responsible for this your database is responsible for storing it.

A query to select all achievements for user $uid filtered by game $gid:

SELECT a.*
FROM achievement_collection ac, achievement a
WHERE ac.user_id = $uid AND ac.game_id = $gid AND ac.achievement_id = a.id

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.