Dumb Question/Security

scfreak

Hello, just an FYI, I am a noob at php, but this noob needs help. Ok, I have a cookie cutter login script and on the register page I want to add a blank titled "Clan Password". This blank will ask for a password, that can be static to make things easy. This password would be required to hit the submit button, otherwise you get the error. "Incorrect clan password, please contact Sc." I know this can be done with java script, however I would like it to be apart of the php script. I have included the origional script titled "register.php" and my failed version. Please help, thank you. SC.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I wouldn't necessarily suggest using a static password.  However here is a small script that may help you get to what you are trying to accomplish... it probably is not THE solution but it will help you get there.

<?php
function checkform()
{		
	$TorF = 0;
	$staticpassword = "bob";
	if ($_POST['password'] != $staticpassword)
	{
		echo "You have entered an incorrect password! Please try again.";
		$TorF = 1;
	}
	if ($TorF == 1)
	{
		return false;
	}
	else
	{
		return true;
	}
}

if($_POST['Login'] and checkform())
{		
	echo "You have successfully logged in and will be redirected in 3 seconds";	
	?>
	<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="3; url=index.php">
	<?php
}
else
{
	?>
	<form name="subscribe" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_self'] ?>" method="post">
	<p align="left">

<label for="password"><?php echo "Password:"; ?></label><br />
                <input name="password" type="password" id="password" tabindex="1" /><br />

<input type="submit" name="Login" value="Login" tabindex="2" />
                </p>

</form>
	<?php
}
?>

One last thing.... you will have to add code in here to set your cookies once they get logged in.  Then wherever you redirect them you will have to have code to check for those cookies that you set.  But like i said above this isn't the best way to approach securing something, and i am not too advanced in web security yet.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.