Having trouble connecting to mysql database

mfoster

Server: Localhost via UNIX socket

Server version: 5.0.87-community

Protocol version: 10

User: fultonr1@localhost

MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

I've just moved a domain from one host to another.  The script worked fine at the former host.  The information on the new host is listed above.  I was successful at exporting the database and can work with it through the control panel.  However now I don't seem to be able to access the database from my php script. 

My new host says that it's a programming problem and can't help me. :-[

The code (which I copied from w3schools) includes some error analysis which I have included in the script.  That code also shows that the mysql_connect seems to be working and  is returning Resource Id1.

The mysql_select_db command seems to be the problem as it is throwing the following error message:

Access denied for user 'fultonr1_mfoster'@'localhost' to database 'fultonr1_entries'

You can access the script yourself at http://fulton68reunion.com/view2.php

I've checked the database name, username, and password and all seem to be correct.

$con = mysql_connect("localhost", "****", "****") ;
$db_selected = mysql_select_db("fultonr1_entries",$con);
if (!$db_selected)
  {
  die ("<br/> Can\'t use fultonr1_entries database : " . mysql_error());
  }

I/ve included a copy of the file.

Maybe it's just me, but if I were you I would edit that file and remove any username and password that you have shown in that file.  :shrug:

I wish I could help, and I try to look at the php file. Are you sure that you created the db in your MySQL? Is it listed?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.