Delivery Schedule

redneonrt

Hello All,

I'll try and explain this the best I can...

I have a php/mysql application in place that i use to track where my delivery drivers are.  Basicly the driver selects where s/he is at and whether s/he is arriving or departing and the info get recorded into the db.  There is a set schedule the drivers follow and I am trying to think of a way track their deviation from the schedule and also see when the next truck should be arriving, possible even taking into account if they are running late or early.

For Example:

Osseo8:00am

Anoka9:00am

SLP9:30am

PL10:00am

DC11:00am

Osseo12:00pm

Anoka1:00pm

SLP1:30pm

PL2:00pm

DC3:00pm

Osseo4:00pm

Anoka5:00pm

SLP5:30pm

PL6:00pm

DC7:00pm

Lets say its 10:23 am and I want to know when the next truck will arrive if I am in Osseo and whether or not s/he is running behind or head of schedule and a possible ETA.

Can anyone point me in the general direction of where to start? Also in the final version of this There is multiple trucks following similar schedules and all the end user wants to see is when the next truck will be arriving to them.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.