Start always with localhost/index.php

ochi

hi! I want to forbide people write in the browser:

www.mydomain.com/wathever.php

The wathever.php is what I want be impossible, because in index.php I have a login/password system.

I tried with  $_SESSION['auth'] but, it's not possible, because it's just cleaned with "logout" bottom or closing the browser.

Could you help me?

thank you! Regards

Hi, what I want to do is follow the links in the site, starts in index.php and continue with the links, so, if index.php have a link to second.php I can't write www.localhost/second.php, it should redirect to index.php

I tried, when the user login in index.php put a variable: $_SESSION['auth'] = true, and in every php file:

<?php
session_start();
if (!$_SESSION['auth'] == true){
	header("Location:/index.php");
}
?>

But it doesnt work fine, because I cant remove this variable if I would do it I wont be able to use the "go to the previous page" for example, I also tried different variables, but the problem stil appears.

Another thing is as I never delete it, when I close the browser and open a new one, it's still there.

Thank you! Regars

Hi! the problem isn't how to call this, it works also with:

if(!isset($_SESSION['auth']))

the problem is: once I active this variable I had the problem with the page it allows! for example in index.php I put:

if (autorized){
  $_SESSION['auth']
} else {
   the page
}

and it have a link to: page2.php wich starts:

if(!isset$_SESSION['auth']){    
} else {
   the page
}

If I close the mozilla and I forgot put logout button I can write : http://www.localhost/page2.php and I want it are not allowed.

If page2.php starts:

if(!isset$_SESSION['auth']){    
     unset($_SESSION['auth']);
}

The previous problem is solved, but, now I cant refresh or use the "go to the previous page" in mozilla, because, I'll start again in index.php

Do you understand me?

thanks! regards

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.