Repeat function

jamiet757

I have a script that will look for certain entries in a database (where the published column is 2) and select the folder from those entries, then it will delete some files in that folder. The problem is, it only does it with the first one it comes to, for example I expect it to delete the files from 2 folders that match the parameters, however it only deletes the files from the first. Maybe someone can tell me how to make it repeat for every "folder" that it gets.

function delete_declined_files()
{
global $db;
$dp = new TMySQLQuery;
$dp->connection = $db;

$folder="";

$sql="select folder from photos where published=2";
$dp->open($sql);
if(!$dp->eof)
{
$folder=$dp->row["folder"];
}
if($folder!="" and file_exists($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].site_root.site_upload_directory."/".$folder))
{
    $dir = opendir ($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].site_root.site_upload_directory."/".$folder);
    while ($file = readdir ($dir)) 
    {
        if($file != "thumb1.jpg")
        {
                @unlink($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].site_root.site_upload_directory."/".$folder."/".$file);
        }
    }
}
}

well you only select one row from your result set i think (not exactly sure how your mysql class works) so it will only delete that one folder.

you need to loop through your results and perform what you're doing.

Yeah that is what I was thinking, unfortunately my knowledge of php is very limited, I can modify some things and figure out others, but I don't know how to set it up to loop through the results and stop when it is finished. Can you give me some insight?

well, I tried this, but when I accessed the script, it just hung and did not do anything:

{
global $db;
$dp = new TMySQLQuery;
$dp->connection = $db;

$folder="";

$dp->open($sql);
if(!$dp->eof)
{
$folder=$dp->row["folder"];
}
while($folder=$dp->row["folder"]){

if($folder!="" and file_exists($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].site_root.site_upload_directory."/".$folder))
{
    $dir = opendir ($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].site_root.site_upload_directory."/".$folder);
    {
        {
                @unlink($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].site_root.site_upload_directory."/".$folder."/".$file);
        }
    }
}
}
}

I didn't really know where to put the while statement.

hmmmm your not using your first row.

{
global $db;
$dp = new TMySQLQuery;
$dp->connection = $db;

$folder="";

$dp->open($sql);

while($folder=$dp->row["folder"]){

{
    {
        {
        }
    }
}
}
}

if this doesn't work i would read up on the TMySQLQuery class you are using.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.