timer based sound

Goose87

Dear all,

I am writing this message as I have looked on the internet but my searches have been fruitless.

A user of my online game has asked me if I can add a sound notification to a timer that ticks down once every 5 mins or so (when they are playing).  This means they could use another browser and it would let them know they can do another action.

I have absolutely no knowledge on this area, so if someone could give me some reference material or push me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Goose.

try with flash.. and also with flash its really simple to get it goin and the timer going :) but either way without flash you'd be hacking up browser hacks for bgsound elements, with flash you can even set up an externalInterface function and wait for javascript to tell the flash app to play a sound.. flash is the way to go.

don't i have to buy flash to do that?  I've done no work with flash ever.. i'm just a self-taught php/mysql developer.. so i haven't had the opportunity to branch off in different directions yet..

could you give me some info and push me in the right direction for that please? i'd be extremely greatful.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.