Text menu with varying size, need to keep standard baseline

njdirt

Hello,

I hope this is a properly labeled thread, but here is my issue:

I have a menu, which is all on one line (in case it matters).  The link that is being hovered over is larger than the rest of the menu items, and in between each item is "::".  Now, each time a link is hovered over, the "::" drops a pixel or so.  I want everything to stay vertically stationary (except the hovered text, which expands higher.  I feel like it has something to do with baseline, but I can't find any info on it.

Here is the link:  http://www.blackmarketbikes.com/10/index.php

Thanks in advance!

That is the proper way to do it, but I found that if I make the "::" the same size as the larger of the two menu fonts, everything works fine.  Not sure how or why, but it does so in all tested browsers, so I'm content.

Thanks for the proper fix tho!  I will keep the menu lists in mind for future site builds.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.