Portfolio... again... already

thewooleymammoth

Last time someone mentioned my lack of color on my portfolio site (www.ericwooley.com). And that actually really bothers me now. So I was practicing with templates and i created this one. Let me know if you think it would be a good idea to replace my current site look with my new one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

nooo your old one looks way better..  I personally like your old site :)

I can honestly say, however,  your menu doesn't seem very interactive.. you might consider like a hover action or something, just the finger is boring :)

I mean, you have a very straight forward colorscheme, you could actually introduce ANY color dark or light color, and it will look good,, light colors compliment the darkness of your site though, so I'd recommend a light color, like neon green or neon purple.., but you could also do a dark blue.. dark red.. your layout is real versatile

people are slightly rude on here.  just say whats wrong with it and that is it. calling it childish is not constructive. ...

wtf? I'm not insulting him I'm helping him.. if you say it looks okay, and it really doesn't, are you really helping him? I don't think so, he has made some nice sites, it would be a shame to have a bad looking website. His website is HIS internet image.

Here are some modern websites:

http://www.stlloftstyle.com/

^^ modern upper half, horrible mid section, could be way better.. any content floating off into the background color is horrible... content needs boundaries.

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/default.aspx

^^ Perfect example of a modern website very sleek and To the POINT.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.