All directories suddenly moved

fagnonk

So Im not an engineer and I was probably doing something a little out of my leauge when I used the following tutorial to fix my permissions for wordpress:

http://hereshowi.com/wordpress/fix-wordpress-permissions-on-mediatemple-dv-server

Now all of my directorys are screwed up. When I login to any of the domains hosted on my dedicated virtual server, I am taken directly to the server's root directory and not the domain's root directory. I can't access any of my domains because the directories have moved. Any idea what I could have done??

• 3 weeks later...

without knowing what you exactly typed in (possible typos) I would guess you changed the group / user settings. My system admin did the same thing once before when he added some log file folders. Or even you might have moved the dirs. You need to check it with either a ftp program that shows you what the perms are and where you can see the dir stucture or do it via command line which will take longer to see what is what. Using a gui ftp is faster you can change perms or move the dir or reupload them as needed. Use your server back up files to make sure the dirs are in the right place by looking at the two in your ftp program side by side.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.