Help adding a video link....

stormxJR

Hi

I know *very* little about PHP. I got left with my website after the programmer had some kind of breakdown and has 'disappeared' - the site is finished apart from a promo page that needs a couple of video links. I'm trying to add them, .mov files to be viewed - but I am stuck with even finding some sample code to drop in to do this. Is there anything available? Any guide? I even tried to drop in the Youtube sample code html that they offer but that does not work - just not familiar at all with the syntax of PHP and what is required. Any help much appreciated! Bit of a shot in the dark - but thought I'd make a post in case there are some samples that I can adapt.

Regards

Jon

Hey if you need a new developer I'm available :) Also, I hate when websites use .mov, you should use flash videos, import them into flash and then use an FLV player, .mov only has a limited audience, and I can assure you I don't have it, but EVERYBODY and their MOTHER has flash.

But for helping sake, just do <a href="theMovFIle.mov">Play Video 1</a>

and if they have quicktime or whatever when they click thru to the next page they will have quicktime take over within the browser and play it back to them.

Hi

Many thanks for the help, certainly you moved me one step forward. But when I click on the Video 1 link it does not play the video (on a mac) and I know Quicktime is installed. Hmmm.... I will take your advise re changing from mov files but first I just want to get something basic actually playing before introducing another factor...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.