Google Translate Hiding Text

jtrost

I've tried asking this question a few times on the Google Translate group, but it is more or less inactive, and my question was never answered.

I want to add translations to my website using Google Translate, however Google doesn't display any of the translated text.  I looked at the source and saw this in the CSS: .google-src-text {display: none !important} And it just so happens that all of the translated text is wrapped in this span class.

You can view an example of my site translated into Dutch here: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=en&tl=nl&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicago.com%2F

I would appreciate if anyone could help me figure out how I could get my translated text to display inline.

I'm sorry, I can't help you on your problem, but I just wanted to mention, you may want to reconsider using a machine translator for your site - they are notoriously bad at translation, as machines cannot sense nuance in text, nor can they differentiate between different meanings of the same word.

If it's just a personal site, then it's probably not a big deal. But if it's any kind of professional site, I would strongly recommend against using it. At the very least, get someone in the native language to take a look at it and at least tell you what percentage is gibberish.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.