Multiple RewriteRule's seem to be Conflicting

ncovill

Hey all,

For some reason a few of my RewriteRule's seem to be conflicting with one another.

I have several rules, but these are the conflicting ones:

RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/page=([0-9_-]*)$ /pages.php?cat_id=$1&currentpage=$2 [L]
RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ /pages.php?cat_id=$1 [L]

The rule above works fine (i can go to /category fine, it goes to the proper page and everything).

But once I add in:

RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ /index.php?order=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/page=([0-9_-]+)$ /index.php?order=$1&currentpage=$2 [L]

The first part stops working (the pages.php rule), but these new rules work fine (the ?order= rules)...

The ?order= rules are above the pages.php rule in my .htaccess file, but when I put the order rule below the pages.php rule, then the categories rule works fine, while the order rule no longer does... so confused :/

As always, any kind of help is appreciated!

Two scripts can't have the same URLs. You need to give them something unique in the URL, like

RewriteRule ^page/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/page=([0-9_-]*)$ /pages.php?cat_id=$1&currentpage=$2 [L]

RewriteRule ^index/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/page=([0-9_-]+)$ /index.php?order=$1&currentpage=$2 [L]

RewriteRule ^page/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ /pages.php?cat_id=$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^page/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ /index.php?order=$1 [L]

and I would suggest also changing

/page=

to

/page/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.