Pdf files.

Bottyz

Hey all,

I've been trying to think of a way to present pdf files to website visitors, and i can't say i've had much experience with doing so in php. Is there a nice way of presenting pdf files to visitors to a website? Or is it just a case of using an image link direct to a pdf file?

I've read up about using the google docs viewer to embed pdfs directly to the webpage but not too sure this is the best option, however nice it does look.

I guess it depends a lot on the nature of the pdf's.  Most people have acrobat, so why not use --- ?

One solution that I've seen people use is to convert the docs to a flash movie, that includes navigation widgets.  Often these will be called "flip books".  There's lots of products out there that will convert them, not to mention a few services like issuu and scribd that willl convert and host em for you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.