How to read posted binary data from a mobile device and post it to a web server?

kanenas.net

Here is the senario...

I have a mobile device (MD) that posts binary data to a Web Server (WS1) and that Web Server (WS1) posts that binary data (from the MD) to another Web Server (WS2).

(MD) --> (WS1) --> (WS2)

Is that possible?

Any suggestions how to do it with php?

Thanks!

I claim no stake in knowing the right way to do what you seek, but you can try xml/rss I am not sure how to set it up, but an example would be the U.S.P.S. if you want shipping labels, address confirmation etc. And your using them you push an xml/rss feed to there server based on input you provide on your server, there server reads it, and sends it back via xml/rss

Maybe you post to site one, site one runs a script stores it in a flat file a database what ever, and server 2 runs a cron that runs a script to read rss feeds, you then tell the script on server 2 to look for newer entries based on timestamps or whatever.. If anything is new, server 2 does what you want, if not it just keeps looping the cron til it finds what it is that its looking for.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.