Help with form and if statement

KingSpongo

Hey all, need a bit of PHP help.

I made a table with phpmyadmin that has four fields (id, firstname, lastname, username). I will be displaying this data in a table within a web page. I want to write a script that if the username is empty a text box is shown so I can write it in within the browser. Can I also make it so that when a username cell is empty a submit button is put in an empty cell next to the username. I hope this makes sense.

For example the table might look like:

IDFirstnameLastnameUsername

1DrewMeloniDMeloni

2PeteHanks[/td]

[td]3

IanParkerIParker

Can anyone help me with this or point me to some existing code. I appreciate any help given. Many thanks  :)

What about putting another column in the database called 'full' with an int value. When the info is put in there run a check to see if there is a first, last and username. If there is put the value 1 in there if not put 0. Then when echoing it out check that value and if its 0 the echo out that row like a form. Something like the following..

<table>

<tr>

<td>

<form name="myform" action="scriptpage.php" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="id" id="id" value="<?=$gotRow['id']?>">

<input <?php if(trim($gotRow['first'])=="") { echo "type='text'"; } else { "type='hidden'"; } name="first" id="first" value="<?=$gotRow['first']?>"><?=$gotRow['first']?></td></tr>

Thats off the top of my head. I have not tried it but I hop you get the point. If not let me know I will try and elaborate a little.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.