So It Works On One Server But Not The Other..

l0w

Ok So I Bought This Script, And The People Have Zero Support Once You Buy It.  I Installed It On A Free Host To Check it Out..  It Worked, So I Got A VPS And Now It Doesn't.

The script is a coupon script, I add a website through the admin and it creates a link like localhost.com/somesite.com/ on my main site, now it does not create a directory, but it acts as if it did when working properly, however now I get a 404, as the server is looking for that directory...  Any Ideas?  Maybe I need to install a mod or something???

Thanks,

l0w :confused:

Either you're missing the .htaccess file on your new server or your new server doesn't allow .htaccess files.

.htaccess is the file that allows you to create custom URLs.

actually it just configures rules for custom URLs. The webserver module responsible for parsing such urls is called mod_rewrite. Check if you have it enabled on your server.

Thanks for the replies... I have searched google up and down for info on mod_rewrite and cpanel, and people say it comes installed just not enabled, I looked at my httpd.conf file and this is all i found RewriteEngine on. I searched everything in cpan, the easy apache, i counldn't find anything close to mod_rewrite.

So I dunno  :confused:

Im running centos 5.4 and cpan

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.