Price comparison web site best architecture?

simplyi

Hello!

I am looking for an architecture for price comparison web site that queries API of different vendors like Amazon and displays sorted results. I am sure there should be some Tutorials or blue prints available on Best Practices building such architecture. For example when the number of vendors to query grows it is better to cache search results in local database.

I am looking for any advises or links to documents that discuss this topic. If you have one, please share.

Thank you!

The architecture of your application has no bearing on what services you can access an api for.

What i think will work best for you is to build that site from a framework which has the features (modules) to support the functionality you need in your site / application.

I would suggest checking out php frameworks instead of trying to create something custom. Check out Zend, cake, code ignitor, etc..

Good luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.