Database Design

finnaz

I am currently developing an asp.net website for a college HE Open Day, and i'm just trying to finalize the database design including normalisation. The brief is as follows:

**** College is looking to streamline the registration process for the Higher Education (HE) Open Day they hold twice a year.  The College advertise ‘taster’ sessions in each vocational area and these are advertised for potential students to register prior to the HE Open Day.  There are a number of vocational areas per School.

The taster sessions are in one hour blocks and the student can choose up to four taster sessions:

10:00 – 11:00

11:00 – 12:00

12:00 – 13:00

13:00 – 14:00

There is also an introductory session in each vocational area at 9:30am until 10:00am and potential students are expected to register for the session in the area the courses they are interested in reside in.

The potential student should enter their title, forename, surname, telephone number, mobile number and email address before submitting their taster session and introductory session choices.  The potential student should not be required to log in.

So far I have got the following tables:

tbl_session

sessionID (PK)

studentID (FK)

schoolID (FK)

vocationalID (FK)

sessionTitle

sessionTime

tbl_student

studentID (PK)

studentName

studentEmail

studentMobile

tbl_school

schoolID (PK)

schoolName

tbl_vocational_area

vocationalID (PK)

vocationalName

Have I done this correctly? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.