Send variable to specific instance of an include file

webref.eu

Hi All

I have the following include file:

<?php include("inc-select-merchants-by-keyphrase.php"); ?>

Currently, I set a $KeyphraseAds variable for it at the top of my php page, to get merchants for the relevant keyphrase, and it displays a table of merchant results.

However, this only allows one table of results on a page, and I would sometimes like to display multiple tables of results, i.e. use the include file more than once, but set a different $KeyphraseAds each time.

Is there a way of setting an include specific variable, maybe within the include statement itself, to allow me to use the same include multiple times on a page but each time displaying different keyphrase results?

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way to send a variable to a specific instance of a php include?

Many thanks

nope your have to use a function() then call that function on the page.

warning.

include more then a few times will give you problams always use a function and call that function from a .php page.

so you make the function on a page.php then you incude once that page and use the function as meny time as you need it.

function();// This is a function.

function me();// This is a function named me.

function var($var);//this is a function named var and got a varable to be used inside the function or outside the function.

return function name()/ / this is used to return a function within it self.

when you want a function to be seen from another page always include() that .php page then call the function() as shown below

good luck.

function.php
[code]
<?php

function date_today($date_today){

$date=date("d-m-y");

echo $date;

}
?>
[/code]

call the function

[code]
<?php
//include the function
include("function.php");

// call the function throw the include.
function date_today($date_today);

?>

[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.